Dr. Malcolm Conway is recognized as one of the nation's leading specialist's in sports injuries and rehabilitation. As a practicing doctor for over 30 years, Dr. Conway has treated some of the biggest names in sports. Dr. Conway has authored five books in the field of sports injury and rehabilitation, his most recent Raising Elite Athletes.
A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and Sherman Chiropractic College, Dr. Conway also has a comprehensive post-graduate education from Southern California University of Health Sciences in spinal rehabilitation. He has also done post-graduate work and research in pain management and sports injuries; along with an extensive background in the study, research, and application of bio-electric medicine.
Drawing upon all of this education and hands-on experience, Dr. Conway has co-developed his own type of myofascial treatment, MyoFascial Disruption Technique (MFDT), a method shown to be 95% faster in relieving pain, compared to conventional treatment.
At the forefront and cutting edge of treating sports injuries, Dr. Malcolm Conway has developed an accelerated rapid relief series of treatment protocols. Sought out from athletes from across the world (quite literally), Dr. Conway had developed a world-wide reputation for treating the tough cases. Dr. Conway routinely has patients fly into his office from places as far as Switzerland, Russia, Canada, Italy, Hawaii, California, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa, Maryland, New York, and more states and cities throughout the United States. In fact, approximately 30% of his patient base travels over 60 miles for treatment at his clinic.
- Treatment of players in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, WTA, ATP, MMA, AHL, AFL
- Hired by players for the NFL Playoffs Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, Carolina Panthers
- Hired by players of the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XXVV to work with them in Tampa, Fl.
- Hired by a player to work at the Fed Cup USA vs. Russia, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Hired by a player to work at the Fed Cup USA vs. Italy, San Diego, Calif.
- Hired by players to work at BNP Paribas Open Indian Wells, California
- Hired by players for The Sony Ericsson Tennis Championships, Miami Fl.
- Hired by players for the Rogers Tennis Tournament, Toronto Canada
- Hired by players for the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, London England
- Hired by players for the U.S. Open Tennis Championships, New York, NY
- Hired by player for the French Open Championships, Paris France
MyoFascial Disruption Technique (MFDT)
- Co-Developed the MyoFascial Disruption Technique (MFDT)
- A treatment technique that has been found to be 95% faster in healing than conventional treatment for soft tissue injuries.
- Co-designed sports injury study with Oklahoma State University with Dr. Hugh Gimmel and Dr. Brad Hayes.
- Teaches MFDT protocols throughout the U.S. to sports and non-sports doctors.
- Developed a sports injury treatment protocol for injured athletes known as the Accelerated Rapid Relief System.
- Unique treatment program that assists athletes to regain their athletic performance by re-establishing the neurological system, fascial system, muscular system and then will develop strength.
- Sports Performance Training: Developed sports performance training center to assist young athletes to develop their minds & bodies to become better athletes. Training is available for middle school, high school, college and professional players of all sports. Our goal is to teach all athletes that the key in becoming a better athlete is not larger muscles. The key is to train the body and learn how to use their neuro-muscular system to better absorb force, generate force, properly hold position and learn the ability to turn on and off muscles on command.
- Author Raising Elite Athletes: A Parent's Guide to Develop Elite Performance (available now atAmazon.com)
- Authored and Published book, Alternatives For Lower Back Pain: Advice For People Suffering With Low Back Pain Who Hate Chiropractors
- Author for America-On-Line for Alternative Treatment for Low Back Pain
- Instructor for Matt Stover Kicking Camp, Baltimore, MD.
- Instructor for Qadry Ismail's QFit Speed Camp, Baltimore, MD.
- Author for AthletesHealth.com articles include:
- Blowing The Lid Off of Soft Tissue Injuries
- Why Do Athletes Get Injured In The First Place
- Co-Author, Neck Pain Neck Pain: You Don't Want It, You Don't Need It [Co-written with Dr. Peter G. Fernandez et.al.]
- Researched and Studied With Dennis Thompson on Bio-Electric Treatment For Soft Tissue Damage & Treatment
- Co-Author on 'MyoFascial Disruption Technique' with Dr. Hugh Gimmel and Dr. Brad Hayes
- MFDT Phase I
- MFDT Phase II
- MFDT Phase III
- Featured on ESPN Radio with Mel Kiper Treatment of Professional Football & College Football Players
- Featured in Sport Magazine treating sports injuries
- Distinguished Service Award, Practice Management Associates, St. Petersburg, FL
- Appeared in Sports Illustrated Magazine in treating Rocket Ismail
- Featured in the Citizens Voice on Sports Injury Treatment
- Featured on WBRE on new treatments for sports injury
- Featured on WYOU on treating NFL player in Super Bowl
- Featured on PM Magazine on Neck Problems and Sunbathing
- Featured on WBAL, Baltimore on Raising Elite Athletes
- Featured in Times Leader for treating NFL and college athletes
- Awarded Doctor of the Year Practice Management Associates, St. Petersburg, FL
- Featured in Chicago Sun Times on treating Rocket Ismail
- Featured in USA Today Newspaper, Exercise Injuries
- Featured in College and Pro Magazine on Sports Training
- Hosted and produced weekly radio show WARM on Alternative Medicine
- Featured in Syracuse Newspaper Off Season Training for Qadry 'Missile' Ismail
- Produced 30-minute educational video Chiropractic Treatment and Lower Back Pain
- Developed cable television show on "Advice On Low Back Pain
- Inventor of the SunSound Pillow